Back and ready to deliver an awesome recipe, I am bringing you a very DELICIOUS treat! I call it Two-Bite Pumpkin Napoleons.
What you need:
- A mixer w/whip attachment or hand whisk w/bowl
- Sheet pan/cookie sheet
- Piping bag w/tip (optional) or spoon
- 1 can (small) sugar free pumpkin
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves (optional)
- 1/2 cup Swerve® Confectioners Sweetener
- 2 cups sugar free whip
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Start by heating the oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 8 rectangles, making 24 in all. Place the pastry rectangles onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split the pastries into 2 layers, making 48 in all.
- Stir the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves( my addition) and sweetener in a medium bowl. Fold in the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. If you're not sure what folding in means, it's just gently mixing in the whip with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the pumpkin mixture among 24 bottom pastry layers. Top with the pecans and then top with remaining pastry layers. Garnish with additional cinnamon and confectioners' sweetener or whipped topping (optional)
- Tip: For a striped garnish, place 1/2-inch strips of wax paper diagonally across the tops of the pastries. Sprinkle with confectioners' sweetener or cinnamon. Remove the wax paper.
All I did was replace sugar free elements where needed and thought it to be a good idea to test this new sweetener. The end result is amazing and my lovely wife enjoyed every bite even though she doesn't like sugar free anything.
I hope you enjoy and please if there are any questions just ask away!